Es Cargol Beach
Es Cargol Beach, virgin sandy beach located in the Migjorn Marine Reserve, Ses Salines.
Update 14/04/20. Es Cargol Beach is located at the southern end of the coast of Mallorca very close to the Ses Salines Lighthouse. It is a beach of fine white sand located in the middle of nature. This beach is less frequented due to its distant location within the island and that is necessary to walk a path on foot for 45 minutes. It is a perfect beach for those looking for idyllic places. The fastest access is from the Ses Salines Lighthouse.
Es Cargol Beach is a beach with clear waters. Its geography with an islet on one side, the islet of Can Curt, and a small ledge on the other protects it from waves during the summer. Its seabed at some distance from the shore is sandy with large rocks full of vegetation and marine life. The back of the beach is of sand dunes, small bushes and tall pine trees. On one side of the beach there are some fishermen's houses. Es Cargol is a large beach and in some areas of the shore you can find dried seaweed. The practice of nudism is common in some areas of the beach.
Due to the easy erosion of the material of the south coast of Mallorca the waters of this area are the most crystalline in Mallorca.
The closest beaches to Es Cargol Beach are Cala En Tugores and Es Carbó Beach, both located in the Migjorn Marine Reserve.
"Beach Es Cargol is located in a protected natural area."
TECHNICAL FEATURES OF THE ES CARGOL BEACH:
• Sandy beach.
• Length 400m, width 50m.
• Little swell during the summer.
• The bottom of the sea is sandy.
• Beach surrounded by nature.
• It is part of a marine reserve.
• Does not have water activities.
• Does not have sun beds and umbrellas.
• Does not have showers.
• Does not have a lifeguard.
• Does not have access for the disabled
"The practice of nudism on the Es Cargol beach is usual."
• There is no bar at Es Cargol Beach, the closest are 8km away in the towns of Ses Salines and Colonia de Sant Jordi.
• The practice of nudism on the beach is common.
• There are no visible buildings in its surroundings, only a private house in the back.
• Low occupancy.
• Easy accessibility.
• Parking 1.5km on the side of the road next to the Ses Salines Lighthouse.
• There is no public transport near the beach.
How to arrive:
Es Cargol Beach is 1.5km from Ses Salines Lighthouse. The fastest access is through a path that borders the coast and runs from the lighthouse to the beach. Vehicles can be parked on the side of the road that gives access to the Ses Salines Lighthouse.