Cala Mitjana Artá
Update 24/09/19. Cala Mitjana, virgin beach located in the Natural Park of Peninsula del Llevant in the municipality of Artá.
The beach of Cala Mitjana is located 10 kilometers from the town of Arta. It is a beach of fine white sand with crystal clear waters. It is a beach of difficult access, by off-road car you can park next to the beach. Cala Mitjana is a very little frequented beach.
The beach of Cala Mitjana is not protected from the waves, so it can sometimes be dangerous to bathe in its waters, it is advisable to take precautions. This beach is located between two small elevations with little vegetation. In its back we find numerous sand dunes. The landscape that surrounds this beach is very beautiful and highlights the different shades of blue waters.
In its vicinity we find the beaches of Cala Torta and Cala Es Matzoc and the Torre de Albarca. In the natural park where Cala Mitjana is located there are plenty of itineraries for hikers.
• White fine sand beach
• Length 80m, width 50m
• It is not sheltered from the waves
• The bottom of the sea is sandy
• Parking by the beach for all-terrain cars
• No aquatic activities
• No hammocks and umbrellas available
• No showers
• No lifeguard available
• There is a bar on the neighboring beach of Cala Torta a 5-minute walk away
• Does not have a pet area
• In the low season it is usual to practice nudism
• There are no buildings visible in its surroundings
• Low occupancy
• Difficult accessibility
• Boat anchoring is not recommended
• There is no public transport nearby
How to arrive:
Cala Mitjana beach is 10 km from the town of Artà. You must go to Artá and about 500m away from this town towards Capadepera at the petrol station you will find a detour to your left, from this point you can follow the signs to Cala Torta. Cala Mitjana is very close to Cala Torta.