Bar Joan Frau
Mercat Santa Catalina, 9, 59-60, 07013, Palma
Bar Joan Frau, Mallorcan cuisine in Santa Catalina, Palma.
Update 13/11/23. Visiting the popular Santa Catalina market in the town of Palma, within the market facilities, at numbers 8 and 9 you will find the Bar Joan Frau.
The Bar Joan Frau is a must see for who visits the neighbourhood or the market. It's been 5 decades serving delicious Mallorcan cuisine, becoming a true reference in Santa Catalina and Palma. There are many who come to the Bar Joan Frau to try some of their specialties and then visit the different market stalls.
"The best taste of the island in Santa Catalina, Palma. Authentic Mallorcan cuisine"
The Frau family prepares daily traditional recipes of Mallorcan cuisine with fresh product from the island. Spectacular Tapas, dough for sweet and savoury cakes made daily, traditional "llonguets" (typical bread rolls from Palma), "pa amb olis," exquisite coffee ... you will surely enjoy your visit.
Highlights at the Bar Joan Frau;
• Tapas and variados; Mallorcan "frito", "tumbet", etc.
• "Llonguet" with squid.
• Vegetable and "trampo" cakes.
• Sweet cakes.
• Paella and black rice (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays).
• Wines from different Spanish regions; Riojas, Rivera del Duero ...
Dish of the day. In addition in the Bar Joan Frau we also have a daily dish; stuffed eggplants, ribs, steamed vegetables, lamb shoulder ...
"Delicious homemade cooking in Santa Catalina, Palma"
Take away. Delicious homemade cooking to take away.
And of course, our select coffee is the best to finish a good meal. Ask for the special coffee, you will love it and you will surely take it again next time.
Bar Joan Frau, the ideal place to stop, to have a vermouth, a beer or to enjoy our delicious Mallorcan food.
We are waiting for you at the Bar Joan Frau!
• Open from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Sunday, Monday and festivities closed.
Interview with Pedro, management of the Bar Joan Frau.
• Since when is the Bar Joan Frau in the Santa Catalina Market? Since 1966, it is a family bar, we are currently the second generation who are in charge.
• What would you highlight about the Bar Joan Frau? Service and food, we offer a very familiar customer service and we prepare authentic Mallorcan cuisine.
• What would you recommend us to try? Everything is great. - During the conversation several clients who are close tell us; delicious and spectacular.
"Discover the most charming places in Mallorca with mallorca-touristguide.co.uk"
How to arrive:
Bar Joan Frau is located inside the Santa Catalina Market, stands 8 and 9, at the entrance next to Dameto Street.