Alaró, town located near the Sierra de Tramuntana.
Update 09/02/23. Alaró is an inland town located in the north of the island of Mallorca. It is 31.3 km from Palma and 16 km from the city of Inca. In its vicinity we find the towns of Binissalem, Consell, Lloseta and Inca. Its population is around 5,500 inhabitants.
Alaró retains the character of yesteryear with its narrow streets and its stone houses. The center of this town is where the town hall, the church, the main square and most shops, bars and restaurants are located. During the summer in the main square known as the Plaza de la Vila you can see a lot of tourists due to the numerous agrotourism located near the town. The surroundings of the town due to the proximity to the Sierra de Tramuntana are of great scenic value.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN ALARO.
• The castle of Alaró and the refuge located nearby. It is located on the top of a mountain next to the town of Alaró. The refuge has rooms for rent and a small restaurant, its access is only on foot.
• Electricity factory. At the entrance to Alaró on Avenida de la Constitución we find the main tower of the old factory that supplied the town with energy. Alaró was the first municipality in Mallorca with electricity supply.
• Plaza de la Vila , in the center of the town.
• Church of Sant Bartomeu , in the center of the town.
• Plaza des Mercat , in the center of the town.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN ALARO.
• Market. Every Saturday in the Plaza de la Vila.
• Sant Antoni. It is celebrated in the middle of January.
• Pilgrimage to the refuge. Twice a year, at Easter and in September, the residents of this town make a pilgrimage to the refuge to celebrate a mass.
• The festivities of San Roc. They are celebrated within the first two weeks of August.
• The festivities of Sant Pere. Held at the end of June.
• Handicraft fair. Within the first week of October.
How to arrive:
The town of Alaró is located near Consell and Binissalem. From Palma, take the Ma-13 motorway in the direction of Alcudia. When you reach Consell, take the exit and go on the Ma-2022 towards Alaró.