Alcudia, a walled city located northeast of Mallorca between the bays of Alcudia and Pollensa.
Update 02/02/23. Alcudia is located northeast of Mallorca between the bays of Alcudia and Pollensa and gives its name to the municipality of Alcudia. The city of Alcudia is 60.2 km from Palma and 3.5 km from Puerto de Pollensa. In its vicinity we find the towns of Puerto de Pollensa , Can Picafort or Sa Pobla. The population of Alcudia and Puerto Alcudia together oscillates 20,000 inhabitants.
Alcudia is a city with many attractions. The town is partly walled and its historic center is pedestrian. The town has different squares and well-maintained garden areas. In Alcudia we find a great offer in shops, bars and restaurants as well as small boutique hotels.
The great hotel infrastructure of this municipality can be found in the Puerto de Alcudia with its 30 km of coastline where it has beautiful fine sand beaches, steep cliffs and hidden coves of great beauty. The town of Alcudia is very well connected to the main towns of Mallorca and has many parking areas.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the north of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN ALCUDIA.
• Roman Ruins of Pollentia. It is the archaeological site of the most important Roman period in Mallorca
• Monographic Museum of Pollentia. Sample of various materials recovered from the Roman Ruins of Pollentia.
• Walls of Alcudia. Built between 1298 and 1362
• Historical center of Alcudia. Alcúdia was declared a Historical and Artistic Heritage in 1974. In its center you can see buildings of great beauty where Gothic and Renaissance residential mansions stand out.
• Church of Sant Jaume. Neo-Gothic church of the 14th century
• Santa Ana Oratory. Built in the 13th century, it is 500m from the city center.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN ALCUDIA.
• Market. Every Tuesday and Sunday
• Festivity of the Three Wise Men. In January
• Festivity of La Victoria. It is celebrated on the 1st and 2nd of July at the hermitage of La Victoria.
• San Jaime. Patron of Alcudia. It is celebrated on July 25.
• Triennial of the Holy Christ of Alcudia. Held on July 26 every three years. 2019, 2022, 2025 ...
• Lantern Party. Held on August 24.
• Annual Fair of Alcudia. It is celebrated the first weekend of October.
• San Esteban. Held on December 26.
Other visits you can do near Alcudia:
Near Alcudia you can also visit the popular markets of Pollensa or Sa Pobla that are held every Sunday. Other points of special interest are the beaches of Puerto de Alcudia, Sant Joan, Sant Pere, s'Illot, Coll Baix and Alcanada. Also noteworthy are the wonderful views that you can get from the Watchtower of Alcudia and from the Puig de Sant Martí, both sites are ideal for hiking. The town of Puerto de Alcudia with its beautiful promenade and its marina is another recommended visit.
"Easily find in majorca-touristguide.co.uk the main places of Mallorca"
How to arrive:
Alcudia is 60.2 km from Palma. From Palma the Ma-13 motorway will take you directly to the town of Alcudia. Mallorca travel guide