Algaida, old country town in the central part of Mallorca.
Algaida is located southwest of the central area of Mallorca. It is 26.3 km from Palma and 27 km from the city of Manacor. In its vicinity we find the towns of Montuiri, Santa Eugenia and Llucmajor . Its population is around 5,400 inhabitants. The municipality of Algaida consists of three urban centers; Algaida, Pina and Randa.
Algaida is a small inland town that retains its character of yesteryear. The activity of the town is concentrated around its main square known as Sa Plaça, here we find the main shops and places to eat. Algaida was formerly a town with much agricultural activity, proof of this are the numerous mills that can be seen in its surroundings. The Puig de Randa, a small mountain with beautiful views from the top, stands out in its surroundings.
With the Algaida Livecam you can enjoy panoramic views of the Sierra de Tramuntana. Check our section of live cams to see other points of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT
• Church of San Pedro and San Pablo. Located in the vicinity of the main square.
• Stone crosses. Spread by the term of Algaida, its use was to delimit the territory. There is a total of 5.
• Windmills Distributed in the rural area with a total of 17.
• Punxuat. Manor house, preserves a defense tower and a construction that supposedly was a convent. It is located about 3 km from the center of Algaida on the road to Punxat.
• Church of Castellitx. It dates from the 16th century and is located about 3.5 km from Algaida.
• Puig de Randa, Santuario de Gracia, Ermita Sant Honorat, Santuario de Cura and Cueva del Beat Ramón Llull. Small mountain located 4 km from Algaida that has several religious buildings.
MAIN FESTIVALS AND MARKETS
• Local market. Every Friday in the Main Square.
• Festivity of the wise men. Held on January 5.
• Bonfires of Sant Antoni. In the middle of January.
• Sant Honorat. In the middle of January.
• Carnival party. Held during the month of February - March.
• Festivity of Sant Jaume. It is celebrated during the second half of July.
• Algaida Fair. Traditional fair with samples of crafts, commerce and gastronomy. It is celebrated during the month of October.
How to arrive:
Algaida is just 26.3 km from Palma on the motorway towards Manacor Ma-15