Andratx, a town located west of Mallorca near the coast and the Sierra de Tramuntana.
Update 10/01/20. Andratx is a town near the coast located west of Mallorca. It is 28.7 km from Palma and 5.6 km from Puerto de Andratx. In its vicinity we find the towns of Puerto de Andratx, Sant Elm, Calviá, Es Capdella and S'Arracó. Its approximate population is of 7,600 inhabitants.
Andratx is a quiet town with many charms. Its proximity to the Sierra de Tramuntana makes it an important step for mountain lovers. The local activity is concentrated in its main square, Plaza España and the pedestrian streets around the plaza. Here we find, shops, places to eat, banks, etc. Its cultural offer is wide, highlights the building where is located its City Hall, the Castle of Son Mas.
Near Andratx, about 7km away, we find the beautiful beaches Es Caló des Monjo and Cala Blanca. For trekking enthusiasts, in Andratx there are numerous itineraries that run through the mountains.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the west of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN ANDRATX
• Castillo de Son Mas. Headquarters of the City Council of Andratx.
• Church of Santa María. Located in the highest part of the town, it dates from the 13th century.
• Tower of So Na Gaiana. Defense tower located on Libertad street.
• Molinos de Sa Planeta. Flour mills located on a small hill on the outskirts of the town.
• Plaza España. Main square of the town.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN ANDRATX
• Local market. Every Wednesday at Paseo Son Mas, near the Town Hall of Andratx.
• Andratx Fair. It is celebrated the first week of April.
• Festivity of Sant Pere. Festive events are celebrated during the second half of June and the first week of July.
• Virgin of August. Held on August 15.
• San Agustín. Held on August 28
Other visits you can do near Andratx:
Near Andratx you can visit the Calvià market that is held every Monday. Other points of special interest are the coastal towns of Puerto de Andratx, Sant Elm and Es Camp de Mar. Some of the most beautiful beaches within the municipality of Andratx are Es Caló des Monjo, Cala Egos and Cala Blanca, they are beaches that are in the midst of nature. Also noteworthy are the wonderful views that you can get from the Lighthouse of Sa Mola, located next to the town of Puerto de Andratx. Another recommended visit is Sa Dragonera Natural Park, from the towns of Sant Elm or the Puerto de Andratx you will find tourist boats that visit the park daily.
How to arrive:
Leaving from Palma, the Ma-1 road leads directly to the town of Andratx. The Port of Andratx is just 5.6 km from Andratx. The town has several parking areas, it is easy to park near the Son Mas Castle, the town hall.