Andratx, a town located west of Mallorca near the coast and the Sierra de Tramuntana.
Andratx is a town near the coast located west of Mallorca. It is 28.7 km from Palma and 5.6 km from Puerto de Andratx. In its vicinity we find the towns of Puerto de Andratx, Sant Elm, Calviá, Es Capdella and S'Arracó. Its approximate population is of 7,600 inhabitants.
Andratx is a quiet town with many charms. Its proximity to the Sierra de Tramuntana makes it an important step for mountain lovers. The local activity is concentrated in its main square, Plaza España and the pedestrian streets around the plaza. Here we find, shops, places to eat, banks, etc. Its cultural offer is wide, highlights the building where is located its City Hall, the Castle of Son Mas.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT
• Castillo de Son Mas. Headquarters of the City Council of Andratx.
• Church of Santa María. Located in the highest part of the town, it dates from the 13th century.
• Tower of So Na Gaiana. Defense tower located on Libertad street.
• Molinos de Sa Planeta. Flour mills located on a small hill on the outskirts of the town.
• Plaza España. Main square of the town.
MAIN FESTIVALS AND MARKETS
• Local market. Every Wednesday at Paseo Son Mas, near the Town Hall of Andratx.
• Andratx Fair. It is celebrated the first week of April.
• Festivity of Sant Pere. Festive events are celebrated during the second half of June and the first week of July.
• Virgin of August. Held on August 15.
• San Agustín. Held on August 28
How to arrive:
Leaving from Palma, the Ma-1 road leads directly to the town of Andratx. Mallorca travel guide