Banyalbufar, mountain town near the southwest coast of Mallorca.
Update 11/01/20. Banyalbufar, Bañalbufar in Spanish, is a mountain town located on the southwest coast of Mallorca in the Sierra de Tramuntana. The capital Palma is 23 km away and Andratx 25 km away. In its vicinity we find the towns of Esporles, Estellencs and Valldemossa. The approximate population of the municipality is 500 inhabitants.
The landscape of Banyalbufar offers spectacular views of the Sierra de Tramuntana with the sea in the background. The town is surrounded by several mountains being the Mola de Planícia the highest of them. Agriculture and fishing were for centuries the most prominent activities in the area. Currently the municipality has several hotels, some restaurants and small shops.
In the surroundings of Banyalbufar we find numerous itineraries for hikers. One of them is Sa Volta des General, an easy route from Banyalbufar to Es Port des Canonge.
Some of the most prominent beaches are Cala Bañalbufar and the Puerto del Canonge.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the west of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN BANYALBUFAR:
• La Baronía. Building located in the center of Banyalbufar, dating from the 17th century and has a cloister, a defense tower and a hotel.
• The tower of Verger. It dates from the 16th century and is located 2 km from Banyalbufar. It offers spectacular sea views and spectacular sunsets.
• Tower of ses ànimes. Coastal watchtower dating from the 16th century, is located between the towns of Banyalbufar and Estallencs. It offers magnificent views over the sea.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN BANYALBUFAR:
• Weekly market. Banyalbufar does not have a weekly market, the closest are held on Saturdays in Esporles and on Sundays in Valldemossa.
• San Antonio. It is celebrated on January 17.
• Easter festivities. They are celebrated in April.
• Main festivity. During the first week of September.
• Jazz Concerts. Banyalbufar organizes Jazz concerts between July and August.
Other visits you can do near Banyalbufar:
Near Banyalbufar you can visit the Esporles market that is held every Saturday. Other points of special interest are the nearby towns of Estallencs, Sant Elm or the Sa Dragonera Natural Park. Some of the nearby beaches are Cala Banyalbufar or Port des Canonge. Another recommended visit is La Trapa Natural Park with its exceptional viewpoint that offers wonderful views of the island of Sa Dragonera.
Links related to Banyalbufar. See the links at the bottom of this page with important information of places of special interest near Banyalbufar and our recommendations.
How to arrive:
The town of Banyalbufar is located southwest of Mallorca, 23 km from Palma. From Palma, the Ma-1040 road that passes through the town of Esporles leads directly to Banyalbufar.