Update 02/02/23. Binissalem, inland town famous for its wineries
Binissalem is an inland town located in the central part of Mallorca. It is 29.4 km from Palma and 33.6 km from Alcúdia. In its vicinity we find the towns of Alaro, Lloseta and Inca. Its approximate population is of 6,800 inhabitants.
Binissalem stands out for its buildings made of stone and its tradition in winemaking. The town has two main roads where we find most businesses, bars and restaurants. These are; the road that crosses the town and Bonaire Street, in addition to the surroundings of the church square. In Binissalem we find numerous buildings from the 18th century and the beginning of the 19th century, reflecting an era of economic prosperity. Its rural environment is of great scenic value where the almond, carob and vineyard fields predominate.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN BINISSALEM
• Church square. Next to the church in the center of the town.
• Santa María de Robines Church. Located in the center of the town.
• Foundation house museum Llorenç Villalonga. Stately building from the 17th century. Located in the street of Bonaire, nº 25.
• Can Gelabert Cultural Center. Located on Calle de la Portella, nº 0.
• Biniagual. Small rural village 2 km from Binissalem, located on the old road of Muro. Composed of 14 houses, a small oratory and the Bodega Biniagual.
• Morneta. Old manor house located in rural area between Binissalem and Lloseta. Currently used to hold events and banquets.
• Finca Vellveure. Old manor house located in rural area. Currently used to hold events and banquets.
• Sa Torre with the stately old houses Can Morante and Can Cabrit. Located on the Raiguer road.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN BINISSALEM
• Weekly market. Every Friday.
• The stock and tapas fair. Held in April and November.
• The fair of the stone and gastronomic exhibition. Held at the end of May.
• Festivity of the grape harvest "Vermar". It is celebrated during the month of September.
• Festivity of Sant Jaume. Held during the month of July.
"Enjoy the interior of the island with the help of mallorca-toruistguide.co.uk"
How to arrive:
The town of Binissalem is located in the central part of Mallorca near Inca. From Palma, take the Ma-13 highway towards Alcudia and then take the exit to Binissalem.