Buger, a rural town in the north of Mallorca
Update 09/02/23. Buger is an inland town located north of Mallorca about 15 minutes from the coast. Búger is the smallest municipality in Mallorca. It is 44 km from Palma and 18.6 km from Alcudia. In its vicinity we find the towns of Campanet, Sa Pobla, Moscari and Muro. Its population is around 1,000 inhabitants.
Buger is a small town on top of a hill with beautiful views of the north coast and central area of Mallorca. The activity of this town runs around its main street and in the center of the town where we find most businesses and some bars with its large terraces. Buger is a very quiet town, it is the authentic rural Majorca. Its surroundings are formed by cultivation areas where the almond and carob fields stand out.
In Buger, traces of human occupation have been found in the natural cave of Can Mossènyer located south of the Sa Mata Gorda mountain, in addition to the Talayotic settlement of the Rafal des Puig , currently they cannot be visited since they are on private property.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the north of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN BUGER:
• Plaza de la Constitución where the Town Hall is located. In the center of the town.
• Church of Sant Pere. In the center of the town.
• Stone crosses. Located in strategic points, used to delimit the village, date from the seventeenth century. The Cross of Sant Cristo and the one of Cas Mestre in the street Mayor and the Cross of Sa Tafona in the street of Mascaró.
• Mills. The numerous mills in the vicinity of Buger show the importance of agriculture in the past.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN BUGER:
• Local market. Every Saturday in the center of the town.
• The Jai fair, grandfather's fair. It takes place on the first Sunday of May.
• The Ses Rondalles fair, centennial popular stories. It takes place during the month of October.
Other visits you can do near Buger:
Near Buger you can also visit the popular markets of Pollensa or Sa Pobla that are held every Sunday. Other points of special interest are the caves of Campanet, the hermitage of Sant Miquel and the Fonts Ufanes that are located a short distance from Buger in the municipality of Campanet. Also noteworthy are the magnificent views that you get from the Puig de Santa Magdalena located in the neighboring municipality of Inca.
How to arrive:
Buger is located between the towns of Inca and Alcudia. From Palma, take the Ma-13 highway, then take the direct exit to Buger.