Bunyola, located next to the Sierra de Tramuntana.
Update 09/02/23. Bunyola is a town near the Sierra de Tramuntana located northwest of Mallorca. It is 18.7 km from Palma and 10.3 km from Soller. In its vicinity we find the towns of Santa María, Valldemosa, Orient, Palmañola and Soller. The municipality of Bunyola has three urban centers; Palmanyola, Sa Font Seca and Orient. The approximate population of the municipality with all its urban centers is of 6,700 inhabitants.
Bunyola is a small town where its main activity runs around its center and the street that crosses the town, here we find most shops, bars and restaurants. Bunyola has a special charm with its narrow streets and steep slopes, its houses built mainly of stone and its surroundings of mountain and forest. The environment of the town is a perfect setting to enjoy hiking.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the west of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN BUNYOLA:
• Old town of Bunyola.
• Main square. In the center of the town
• Bunyola church. It dates from the 18th century.
• The "Comuna" of Bunyola. Extensive Forest that belongs to the residents of the municipality, located 1.5km from the town. It has a recreational area.
• Possessió de Raixa. Located 3.6 km from Bunyola. Manor house of Arab origin. Raixa owes its fame mainly to its spectacular gardens.
• Alfabia Gardens. Located at 4.0 km from the urban center of Bunyola.
• Talaiot de Comasema. Located at the top of a hill, 2.0 km from the urban center of Orient and 6 km from Bunyola.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN BUNYOLA:
• Local market. Every Wednesday and Saturday in the main square of Bunyola.
• Beneïdes de Sant Antoni. It is celebrated on the first Sunday of January after Sant Antoni.
• Quarteró Festivity. Organized by the Escola de Ball de Bunyola, each year it is held on a different farm in the municipality. Last Sunday of January.
• Palm Sunday. Held in April.
• Sunday of the Angel. Popular food and dance in Alfabia, celebrated in April.
• Festivities of Santa Catalina Thomas. Concert and popular dances, celebrated on July 28.
• Festivity of the Mare de Déu de les Neus . Concert and popular dances, it is celebrated the first weekend of August.
• San Mateo Festivities. Concerts, theater, popular dinner, dance ..., is celebrated on September 21.
• Santa Catherine's Vigil. Held on November 24.
• Santa Catalina Fair. Crafts and local products, celebrated during the month of November.
Other visits you can do near Bunyola:
Near Bunyola you can visit the Esporles market that is held every Saturday. Other points of special interest are the nearby towns of Valldemossa, Soller and Fornalutx, all located in the beautiful surroundings of the Sierra de Tramuntana. The closest beach is found in Puerto de Soller, Playa d'en Repic. Another recommended visit for hikers is the Alaró Castle, which can be done leaving from the village of Orient located 10km from Bunyola.
Links related to Bunyola. See the links at the bottom of this page with important information of places of special interest near Bunyola and our recommendations.
How to arrive:
Bunyola is located 18.7 km from Palma, if you access from Palma you should take the Ma-11 road, if you access from Santa María the Ma-2020