Campanet, inland town located on a ridge of hills.
Update 05/02/20. Campanet is located in the northeast of the island of Mallorca. Located at the foot of the Sierra de Tramuntana, is very close to the sea, mountains, countryside and other towns of great interest as Pollensa and Escorca.
The village stands on a hill and offers the typical characteristics of an interior village, dominated by popular type houses that combine with symbols of noble houses. The same location on the hill offers to the visitors spectacular views of the center of the island, of the sea and of the mountains.
Social life is very active and in summer the Plaza Mayor is a very lively place.
Formerly the Campanet economy was based on the agricultural sector, then for a time it was the footwear industry. Currently, a large part of its inhabitants work in the service sector.
Although Campanet is a part of the Raiguer area, much of its territory is situated in the Sierra de Tramuntana, one of the most stunning areas of Mallorca scenically talking and one of the most outstanding in terms of natural and cultural areas.
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TOWN ARE;
• The weekly market, held every Tuesday
• The May Fair, which is held the second Sunday in May
• The festival of Sant Victoria, which is held on the last Saturday before July
• The festival of San Miguel, always held on September 29
THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TOWN TO VISIT ARE;
• The village of Campanet, as urban center provides a whole set of assets: the main church (XVIII); la Sala Vieja (XVI) or its popular type houses.
• Main Church, was begun in 1717 and completed in 1774
• Campanet Caves, one of the best preserved caves that exist in Mallorca, and one of the least known. Its main virtue, in addition to the natural beauty is that they have hardly been modified keeping much of its original spirit.
• Church of San Miguel, Gothic style, of the time of the Catalan conquest.
• Ses Ufanes, declared natural monument, are the most unique hydrogeological phenomenon of Mallorca.
"www.mallorca-touristguide.co.uk the guide of Mallorca to organize your leisure time."
How to arrive:
Campanet is located between the towns of Inca and Alcudia, near La Puebla. If you head from Palma, the same highway has an exit to access the village.