Capdepera, a town near the east coast of Mallorca where its Castle and its historic center stand out.
Update 13/01/20. Capdepera is a town near the coast located east of the island. It is located 80.3 km from Palma and 26.8 km from Manacor. In its vicinity we find the towns of Artá, Manacor, Son Servera and Cala Ratjada. The approximate population of the municipality is 11,500 inhabitants. The municipality of Capdepera has four urban centers on the coast; Cala Mesquida, Cala Rajada, Canyamel and Font de Sa Cala.
Capdepera is a town with many attractions for visitors. It emphasizes its walled enclosure from where you will obtain magnificent views to the east coast of the island, its weekly market or its medieval fair. Its center is very well maintained, its main square, Plaza de Orient and Ciutat street is where most of the stores, restaurants and local businesses are concentrated.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the east of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN CAPDEPERA:
• Castle of Capdepera. Fortified enclosure built in the XIV century declared historical heritage.
• Old slaughterhouse. It is where the children's school is currently located.
• Ca'n Piricus. 19th century manor house where the Municipal Library is currently located.
• Parròquia de Sant Bartomeu.
• Ca'n Creu d'Inca. 19th century manor house, currently used as an exhibition hall.
• Claper des Gegant. Talayotic village located in the vicinity of Canyamel, has an area of 4,800m
• Artá Caves. Located near Canyamel, off the coast of Capdepera.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN CAPDEPERA:
• Local market. Every Wednesday in the Plaza de Orient.
• Sant Antòni Festival. In mid-January
• Carnival. Held in February - March
• Holy Week. Held in April
• Medieval market. It is celebrated in the Castle of Capdepera every third weekend of May.
• Virgen de la Esperanza. Celebrated on December 18.
Other visits you can do near Capdepera:
Near Capdepera you can visit the Artà market that is held every Tuesday. Other points of special interest are the nearby towns of Cala Ratjada, Son Servera and Cala Millor. Some of the most beautiful beaches within the municipality of Capdepera are Cala Mesquida, Cala Agulla, Cala Molto and Cala Moll. Also noteworthy are the wonderful views that you can get from the Watchtower of Son Jaumell. Other recommended visits near Capdepera are the Canyamel Tower or the Artà caves.
Links related to Capdepera. See the links at the bottom of this page with important information of places of special interest near Capdepera and our recommendations.
How to arrive:
From Palma you must take the Ma-15 motorway that goes through Manacor and continues towards Artá and Capdepera.