Esporles, mountain town located 12 km from Palma.
Update 12/02/23. Esporles is a mountain town located in the Sierra de Tramuntana, west of Mallorca. It is 12 km from Palma and 8.5 km from the beach of Port des Canonge. In its vicinity we find the villages of Valldemosa, Puigpunyent and Banyalbufar. The approximate population of the town is 5,000 inhabitants.
Esporles stands out for its Mallorcan character and for the many mountain itineraries that can be done nearby. In the town we will see countless homes with characteristic elements of mountain architecture and Mallorcan construction details. Esporles's climate is mild with very pleasant temperatures in summer due to the numerous gardens, trees and open spaces of the town that allow fresh mountain air to enter.
In Esporles also stands out the "Torrent d'Esporles" that passes through the center of the town. Next to the torrent is the main road known as Carrer Joan Riutort where we find some of the main squares and buildings of the town such as the "Passeig del Rei," the Plaza España or the Church of Sant Pere. In the central part of the town we find cafes and restaurants with large terraces as well as many shops.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the west of Mallorca.
WE HIGHLIGHT IN ESPORLES:
• The Torrent d'Esporles. Cross the town from side to side, spectacular in the rainy season.
• Parish Church of Sant Pere.
• The Passeig del Rei. Located in the center where we find numerous cafes with large terraces. Here the locality celebrates its weekly market.
• La Granja. Farm and old manor house located 2 km from the town center. Museum about rural and artisan life in Mallorca. Mandatory to pay entry.
• Son Más. Land area located 1.5 km from the city center. Itineraries for hiking, manor house, gardens, church and fountain. Mandatory to pay entry.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN ESPORLES:
• Weekly market. It is celebrated on Saturday mornings in the "Passeig del Rei"
• Sant Antoni. Held in mid-January
• Carnivals. They are celebrated during the month of March.
• Holy Week.
• Sant Pere. They are celebrated on June 29.
• Festival of the Hermitage of Maristel•la. Last Sunday of August. Mass, popular dances and paellas contest.
• Fira Dolça (Sweet Fair). First Sunday of October. Fair about artisan confectionery.
Other visits you can do near Esporles:
Near Esporles you can visit the Valldemossa market that is held every Sunday. Other points of special interest are the nearby towns of Banyalbufar, Estellencs and Galilea. Some of the nearby beaches are Cala Banyalbufar or Port des Canonge. Another recommended visit is the Puig de Galatzó Reserve where you can observe the flora and fauna of the area.
Links related to Esporles. See the links at the bottom of this page with important information of places of special interest near Esporles and our recommendations.
"Enjoy the interior of the island with the help of mallorca-toruistguide.co.uk"
How to arrive:
Esporles is 12km from Palma. From Palma, the Ma-1040 road leads directly to the town of Esporles.