Estallencs, mountain town near the southwest coast of Mallorca.
Update 14/02/23. Estallencs, is a mountain town located on the southwest coast of Mallorca in the Sierra de Tramuntana. The capital Palma is 41 km away and Andratx is 17 km away. In its vicinity we find the towns of Banyalbufar, Esporles and Andratx. The approximate population of the municipal term is 320 inhabitants.
Estallecs is a town located in the middle of mountain and sea landscape. The distance to the main towns of the island and the barrier that represents the Sierra de Tramuntana has allowed it to preserve the character of yesteryear. In the town we find some small hotels, restaurants and small shops.
Estallecs is an ideal place to relax and enjoy nature. About 600 meters from the town there is a coastal shelter with a small pebble beach known as Cala Estallecs. From Estallecs you can make numerous routes through the mountain. Some of these routes are; Camí Real, Puig de Galatzó or La Mola de s'Esclop.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the west of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN ESTALLENCS:
• Historic Center. Town center with narrow cobbled streets.
• Church of Sant Joan Baptista It dates from the seventeenth century and retains an old defense tower converted into a bell tower
• Tem Alemany Tower. Data from the 16th century.
• Old fountain. Located at the entrance of the town accessing from Banyalbufar.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN ESTALLENCS:
• Weekly market. Estallencs does not have a weekly market, the closest are held on Saturdays in Esporles and Sundays in Valldemossa.
• San Antonio. Celebrated on January 16 and 17.
• Easter festivities. They are celebrated in April.
• Sant Joan Baptista. They are the main festivities of the town. They are celebrated at the end of August. Sports, cultural, folk dance ...
• Xavier Bestard Memorial. Cultural events around guitar music. It is celebrated on different days during the months of July and August
• Wine and Cheese Fair. Stands with wines, cheeses and handmade products. It is celebrated on May 1.
Other visits you can do near Estellencs:
Near Estellencs you can visit the Esporles market that is held every Saturday. Other points of special interest are the nearby towns of Banyalbufar and Sant Elm. In the vicinity of Estellencs are the natural parks of Sa Dragonera and that of La Trapa. Some of the nearby beaches are Cala Estellencs, Cala Banyalbufar or Port des Canonge. Another recommended visit is La Torre des Verger from where we can enjoy magnificent views of the sea and spectacular sunsets.
Links related to Estellencs. See the links at the bottom of this page with important information of places of special interest near Estellencs and our recommendations.
How to arrive:
The town of Estallencs is located southwest of Mallorca, 41 km from Palma. From Palma the Ma-1040 road will take you to Esporles, from this town you must continue on the Ma-1palma to Banyalbufar. From Banyalbufar the Ma-10 will finally take you to the town of Estallencs. Another alternative route from Palma is through Andratx.