Felanitx, inland town. Highlights the Puig de Sant Salvador and the Castle of Santueri.
Update 24/09/19. Felanitx is an inland town located southeast of the island. It is 47.3 km from the town Palma and 12.3 km from Manacor. In its vicinity we find the towns of Campos, Porreres, Santanyí and Manacor. The approximate population of the locality is of 17,300 inhabitants.
The municipality of Felanitx is the fourth largest in Mallorca, in it we find in addition to its capital Felanitx other urban centers such as S'Horta or the coastal town of Porto Colom among others. Geographically, the mountains near Felanitx stand out, where the Santueri Castle and the San Salvador Sanctuary are located. It is worth highlighting the coast of the municipality with beautiful coves and especially the natural harbor of Porto Colom.
Felanitx has a wide cultural offer with numerous events throughout the year. We emphasize the ritual dances known as "Els Cavallets", its beginnings date from the 17th century.
Formerly agriculture, livestock and fishing were the main engines of the municipality. Currently the tradition of wine production is still preserved. Felanitx has very fertile lands with various wineries that produce high quality wine.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN FELANITX
• Parish Church of San Miguel. Located in the center of the town.
• Municipal Market. Emblematic building dating from 1936.
• Closos de Can Gaià. Archaeological remains in the coastal town of Porto Colom.
• Santueri Castle. Building of Cultural Interest and Historical Heritage located 5km from Felantix.
• Sanctuary of San Salvador. It dates from the fourteenth century and consists of a church, a chapel and a monument to Christ the King.
• Beaches in Felanitx. Some of the best known are; Cala Sa Nau, Cala Mitjana, Cala Brafi, Cala Marçal and Arenal dels Homes.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN FELANITX
• Felanitx Market. It is celebrated on Sundays in the center of the town.
• Carnivals. Celebrated at the end of February and at the beginning of March.
• Holy Week. It is celebrated during the month of April.
• El Davallament. Good Friday, on the esplanade of the church of Sant Miquel.
• S’Encontrada. Easter Sunday, is celebrated in the square of Sa Font, in front of the church.
• Music Week. Celebrated the last fortnight of May.
• Sant Joan. It is celebrated on June 24.
• Festivity Saint of Santa Margarida. It is celebrated on July 20, dance of "Els Cavallets"
• Festivity of Sant Agustí. Last week of August with various cultural and sports events.
• Christmas. December 24, singing of the "Sibil • la" in the church of Felanitx.
How to arrive:
Felanitx is located in the southern part of the island. From Palma, the Ma-19 road takes you to Campos and then the Ma-5120 to Felanitx.