S'Horta, urban center located near the south coast of Mallorca in the Municipality of Felanitx.
Update 10/02/23. S'Horta is an urban center belonging to the municipality of Felanitx. It is 60 km from Palma, 11 km from Felanitx and 4.5 km from the coast. In its vicinity we find the towns of Felanitx, Cala d'Or and Porcolom.
S'Horta was formerly a stately estate with a large area of land in the south of Mallorca. With the passage of time the land was divided and settled families who were engaged in agriculture. Currently there are still some peasants in the town although the main activity of its inhabitants takes place in the service sector.
Near S'Horta we find the beautiful beaches of Cala Sa Nau and Cala Mitjana.
HIGHLIGHT IN S'HORTA:
• The Plaza de San Isidro. Located in the center of the town.
• The church of San Isidro. Building dating from the 18th century.
MAIN FESTIES AND MARKETS
• Local market. Every Saturday in the Plaza de San Isidro
• Festivity of Sant Antoni. It takes place on the eve of January 16 and January 17.
• Festivity of San Isidro. Patron of the town, celebrated on May 15.
How to arrive:
S'Horta is 60 km from Palma and 11 km from Felanitx. From Felanitx the Ma-14 road that connects later with the Ma-4016 leads directly to the town.