Llubi, small inland town famous for the production of capers.
Update 12/02/23. Llubí is a town located in the central part of Mallorca. It is 38 km from Palma and 17 km from the Bay of Alcudia. In its vicinity we find the villages of Muro, Santa Margalida and the capital of the center of Mallorca, Inca. The approximate population of the entire municipality is 2,200 inhabitants.
Llubí until the beginning of the 19th century was a small urban center belonging to the neighboring municipality of Muro. Its economy was formerly based on agriculture where the production of capers stood out. The town is currently surrounded by fields of almond, carob and fig trees.
The restaurants, bars and shops of Llubí are quite scattered around the town, mainly next to the road that crosses the town.
HIGHLIGHTS IN LLUBI:
• Plaça de la Carretera. Located in the center where the local market is held weekly.
• Parish Church of San Felix. Located in the upper part of the town.
• Train station. Located on the outskirts of the town. Due to the importance of the area's trade, it once had several buildings that are still preserved.
• Talayot de Es Racons. Located south of the town 900 meters from the town.
• Windmills. A total of 10 are conserved, they were used for the elaboration of flours.
• Dialing crosses. A total of 5 are preserved and date from the seventeenth to the nineteenth century
MAIN FESTIVALS AND LLUBI MARKETS:
• Weekly market. It is celebrated on Tuesday mornings.
• Sant Antoni. It is celebrated in the middle of January
• Carnivals. They are celebrated during the month of March.
• Feast of the Hermitage of Santo Cristo del Remedio. It is celebrated the first Tuesday after Easter.
• Festivities of Sant Feliu. They are celebrated from the end of July to the beginning of August.
• Festivities of the Honey. They are celebrated during the midle of November. The program is quite broad and covers several days.
• Autumn Fair. It is celebrated at the end of November. Agricultural machinery and local product.
How to arrive:
Llubí is 10 km away from Inca. From Inca, the Ma-3440 road leads directly to the town of Llubí.