Llucmajor, inland town located southwest of Mallorca.
Update 30/03/20. The locality of Llucmajor gives name to the most extensive municipality of Majorca where we find important tourist areas as S'Arenal, Badía Grande and Las Palmeras among others, all of them located in front of the sea.
Llucmajor is located about 15km from the coast and 30km from Palma, it is a city with more than 700 years of history. Formerly agriculture was its main activity, then went through the industrial phase with footwear and today tourism is its main activity.
In Llucmajor you will find constructions of diverse architectural styles such as churches, manor houses, mills and historical monuments.
• The town hall building.
• The Renaissance style "Sant Bonaventura" church.
• The church of "Sant Miquel" with its spectacular bell tower.
• The Sanctuary of "Nostra Senyora de Grácia".
• The Talayotic settlement of "Capocorb Vell" exponent of the Bronze Age.
• Feast of the Kings of the East, January.
• Sant Antoni, January.
• Carnival celebrations, February.
• Angel Sunday, the first Sunday after Easter.
• Local festivities of Llucmajor, second Sunday of August.
• Llucmajor fairs, from the end of September to the middle of October.
"www.mallorca-touristguide.co.uk the guide of Mallorca to organize your leisure time."
How to arrive:
Llucmajor is located 28 km from Palma, the access from Palma is by the Ma-19 highway.