El Arenal, tourist resort in the bay of Palma.
El Arenal is a tourist town belonging to the municipality of Llucmajor, located in the Bay of Palma only 15km from the capital.
El Arenal was an old fishing village but due to the growth of tourism it became a mainly tourist area.
El Arenal has a very important marina, the Club Náutico El Arenal , where its sailing club stands out and has been visited on different occasions by the royal family.
It has a wide white sand beach and a beautiful promenade full of palm trees and space for sports activities.
Main places of El Arenal;
• Parroquia de El Arenal, Nuestra Señora de la Lactancia.
• Plaza Reina María Cristina
• Plaza Mayor where the weekly market is held
• Municipal Park of El Arenal
• Club Náutico El Arenal
• Avenida Miramar
Festivities and markets of El Arenal;
• Local festivities at the beginning of July.
• Weekly market; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It is celebrated in the Plaza Mayor.
How to arrive:
El Arenal is 15km from Palma de Mallorca and 7km from the airport. It can be accessed by the Ma-19 motorway or local roads, it is well connected to Palma de Mallorca by public transport.