Maria de la Salut
Maria de la Salut, small inland town. It stands out for its agricultural and livestock production.
Update 04/02/20. Maria de la Salut is a town located in the central part of Mallorca. It is 40 km from Palma and 16 km from the Bay of Alcudia. In its vicinity we find the villages of Santa Margalida, Ariany and Sineu. The approximate population of the entire municipality is 2,000 inhabitants.
María de la Salut is a rural town that has based its economy for centuries on agriculture, livestock and the elaboration of products derived from the countryside. The town has a large square where most shops, bars and restaurants are located and where the weekly market is held.
HIGHLIGHTS IN MARIA DE LA SALUT:
• Plaça des Mercat. Located in the center where the local market is held weekly.
• Parochial Church. It dates from the 16th century. It emphasizes the bulbous shape of its bell tower, icon of the locality.
• Son Roig. Gothic style construction near the parish church.
• Nucli de son Estelat. Ensemble of houses and the En Blai mill with 17th and 18th century elements
• Molí des Pujolet. Near the Plaça des Mercat. It is in very good condition.
• Rentadors. They date of the nineteenth century and are on the outskirts of the town.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS OF MARIA DE LA SALUT:
• Weekly market. It is celebrated on Friday mornings.
• Sant Antoni. It is celebrated in the middle of January
• Carnivals. They are celebrated during the month of March.
• Main festivity. It is celebrated on September 8.
• Second hand fair. It is celebrated at the end of September.
How to arrive:
Maria de la Salut is 7 km from Sineu. From Sineu, the Ma-3510 road leads directly to the town of Maria de la Salut.