Muro, inland town located in the north center of Mallorca, 11 km from the coast.
Update 04/02/20. Muro is an inland town located in the northern center of Mallorca. It is 11 km from Alcudia Bay, 11 from Can Picafort and 15 km from Playa de Muro. In its vicinity we find the towns of Sa Pobla, Santa Margalida, Can Picafort and Alcudia. In the municipality of Muro we also find the tourist center of Playa de Muro. The approximate population of the entire municipality is 7,000 inhabitants.
In the center of the town we find the Comte d'Empuries square, the main church, the town hall and numerous pedestrian streets. It is the area of the town with more shops, bars and restaurants and where the weekly market and popular festivals are held.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT
• Plaza Comte d'Empuries. Located in the center of the town
• Sant Joan Baptiste Church. Temple located in the center of the town dating from the seventeenth century
• Muro Ethnological Museum. Clothing, tools and customs of the ancient rural environment of Mallorca. Located on Calle Major, number 5
• Plaza de Toros. It dates from 1918, it is located on Cervantes street near the exit towards Santa Margalida.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS
• Weekly market. It is celebrated every Sunday morning.
• San Antonio. It is celebrated in the middle of January. Bonfires, music, dances ...
• Carnivals. Celebrated during the month of February.
• Holy Week. It is celebrated in April.
• Fair of San Francisco de Paula. Fair of agriculture, crafts and livestock. It is celebrated on the first Sunday after Easter.
• San Juan. Celebrated in the middle of June
• Autumn Fair. Held mid November.
How to arrive:
To get to Muro from Sa Pobla, take the Ma-3430 road and from Can Picafort la Ma-3431