Update 24/09/19. Pollensa, a town near the north coast with many idyllic landscapes.
The town of Pollensa is located north of the island at the foot of the Sierra de Tramuntana and near the bay of Pollensa. The city of Pollensa is 54 km from Palma and 8 km from Puerto de Pollensa. In its vicinity we find the towns of Sa Pobla, Puerto Pollensa and Alcudia. The population of Pollensa and Puerto de Pollensa together has around 16,000 inhabitants.
Pollensa is a city with many attractions. The town retains the character of yesteryear and its historic center is pedestrian where we highlight the Plaza Major or the "Calvario". The town has different squares and well-maintained garden areas. In Pollensa we find a great offer in shops, bars and restaurants as well as small boutique hotels. The municipality of Pollensa is full of places of great beauty such as the area of Formentor or Puig de Maria.
The great hotel infrastructure of this municipality can be found in the Puerto de Pollensa where there is an extensive sandy beach and a beautiful promenade.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT
• Pont Roma. Testimony of the Roman presence in Mallorca.
• Calvary. Mount with a small oratory, it has a climb of 365 steps.
• Historical center. Plaza Major with its streets nearby.
• Church of the Mare de Déu dels Ángels. Church of baroque style rebuilt in the 18th century.
• Convent of Santo Domingo. Dating from the 17th century.
• Jardines Joan March. Gardens located in the center of the town.
• Puig de Maria. Mountain 330 m high located very close to the town of Pollensa.
• Formentor. Wide coastal and mountainous area of great beauty.
• The Pollensa Valley. Beautiful landscapes on the way to Lluc.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS
• Market. Every Sunday.
• El Pi de Sant Antoni. Held on January 17.
• Fiestas de San Sebastián. Clebrated on January 20, procession and dances of the "cavallets".
• Wine Fair. Held at the beginning of May.
• Corpus Christi. It is celebrated in June.
• Festivities of "La Patrona". Held on August 2, highlights the dance of the "cossiers" or the simulation of the battle between Moors and Christians.
• The Fair of Pollença. Held in November, craft fair.
"Easily find in majorca-touristguide.co.uk the main places of Mallorca"
How to arrive:
Pollensa is 54 km from Palma. From Palma, the Ma-13 motorway will take you to Sa Pobla and then connect with the Ma-2200 road.