Porreres, inland village located in the south center of the island.
Update 05/02/20. Porreres is an inland town located in the central part of Mallorca. It is 42 km from Palma and 20 km from the town of Manacor. In its vicinity we find the towns of Villafranca, Montuiri, Felanitx and Campos. The approximate population of the locality is of 5,300 inhabitants.
The character of its inhabitants is very friendly and they welcome visitors with great sympathy. The citizens of Porreres like to take part in the different events organized by the town, be it fairs, parties, cultural events, etc.
For centuries agriculture has been the engine of the economy of Porreres. It highlights the importance of Apricot, the most representative fruit of the municipality and which has an annual Fair. It should also be noted the existence of four wine cellars.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN PORRERES
• Town center. It is pedestrian, here we find the Plaza de la Vila or the Town Hall as well as some bars, restaurants and various shops.
• Stone crosses. A total of eleven are preserved, most dating from the fifteenth, sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
• Church of Nuestra Señora de la Consolación. It is large church, Its construction began in the 17th century.
• Windmills. There are a total of 36 mill towers in the municipality of Porreres.
• Sanctuary of Montesión. Located on a small hill 3 km from the town.
• Porreres Museum. Located in the Prevere Agustí Font Street. You can check opening hours at 971166617
• Oratory of Sant Felip Neri. Located on Sant Roc Street.
• Public Wells. There are a total of 17 in the municipality, 5 of them are located in the town of Porreres.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN PORRERES
• Market. Every Tuesday at the Plaza de la Vila and on Bisbe Campins Avenue.
• Sant Antoni. It is celebrated in the middle of January.
• Sunday of the Angel. Popular meal in the Sanctuary of Montesión. First Sunday after Easter.
• Opportunities Fair. It is celebrated in February and September.
• Ecological Fair. It is celebrated in April.
• Apricot Fair. It is celebrated in June.
• Sant Roc. It is celebrated on August 16.
• Autumn Fair. It is celebrated at the end of October.
How to arrive:
Porreres is located in the center south of Mallorca. The Ma-15 motorway that joins the towns of Palma and Manacor halfway has the exit to go to Petra.