Puerto de Alcudia
Puerto de Alcudia, main tourist center in the north of Mallorca.
Update 05/01/20. The town of Puerto de Alcudia is located northeast of the island in the Bay of Alcudia. This seaside town is 60 km from the capital Palma and 10 km from Can Picafort. In its vicinity we can find the towns of Can Picafort, Son Serra de Marina or Puerto de Pollensa. The population of Alcudia and Puerto de Alcudia as a whole is around 20,000 inhabitants.
The Port of Alcudia is the most important tourist center in the north of Mallorca, it has a spectacular hotel and service infrastructure. It has a commercial port and a marina with 745 moorings. It highlights its promenade where we find many restaurants and shops. The beach of Alcudia with its 7 km of fine sand joins the towns of Puerto de Alcudia and Can Picafort.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the north of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN PUERTO DE ALCUDIA.
• Seaside Promenade. Located opposite the marina is a busy area with its shops, bars and restaurants.
• Alcudiamar Marina. From small boats to large yachts. It has boat rental points.
• Alcudia Beach. Sandy beach with all services, hammocks, bathrooms, water activities, ... also has a pedestrian promenade.
• Albufera de Alcudia. Protected natural park.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN PUERTO DE ALCUDIA.
• Weekly market. It is held every Friday in the square next to Tabarca Street.
• Summer night market. From Wednesday to Saturday on the Paseo Marítimo
• Festivity of the Three Kings. January, the Three Kings arrive by sea and parade to Alcudia.
• Nautical and Sepia Fair. It is celebrated within the first half of April.
• Festivity of Sant Pere. It is celebrated the last week of June.
Other visits you can do near Puerto de Alcudia:
Near the Puerto de Alcudia you can visit the popular market of the town of Alcudia that is held every Tuesday and Sunday and attracts a large number of visitors. Other points of special interest are the beaches of Sant Joan, Sant Pere, s'Illot, Coll Baix and Alcanada. Also noteworthy are the wonderful views that you can get from the Watchtower of Alcudia and from the Puig de Sant Martí.
"www.mallorca-touristguide.co.uk the guide of Mallorca that helps you organize your visits and easily move around the island."
How to arrive:
The Port of Alcudia is 60.2 km from Palma. From Palma, the Ma-13 motorway will take you directly to the town of Puerto de Alcudia.