Puerto de Alcudia
Update 24/09/19. Puerto de Alcudia, main tourist center in the north of Mallorca.
The town of Puerto de Alcudia is located northeast of the island in the Bay of Alcudia. This seaside town is 60 km from Palma and 10 km from Can Picafort. In its vicinity we can find the towns of Can Picafort, Son Serra de Marina or Puerto de Pollensa. The population of Alcudia and Puerto de Alcudia as a whole is around 20,000 inhabitants.
The Port of Alcudia is the most important tourist center in the north of Mallorca, it has a spectacular hotel and service infrastructure. It has a commercial port and a marina with 745 moorings. It highlights its promenade where we find many restaurants and shops. The beach of Alcudia with its 7 km of fine sand joins the towns of Puerto de Alcudia and Can Picafort.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT
• Seaside Promenade. Located opposite the marina is a busy area with its shops, bars and restaurants.
• Alcudiamar Marina. From small boats to large yachts. It has boat rental points.
• Alcudia Beach. Sandy beach with all services, hammocks, bathrooms, water activities, ... also has a pedestrian promenade.
• Albufera de Alcudia. Protected natural park.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS
• Weekly market. It is held every Friday in the square next to Tabarca Street.
• Summer night market. From Wednesday to Saturday on the Paseo Marítimo
• Festivity of the Three Kings. January, the Three Kings arrive by sea and parade to Alcudia.
• Nautical and Sepia Fair. It is celebrated within the first half of April.
• Festivity of Sant Pere. It is celebrated the last week of June.
"Find in Mallorca Tourist Guide the main information to enjoy Mallorca"
How to arrive:
The Port of Alcudia is 60.2 km from Palma. From Palma, the Ma-13 motorway will take you directly to the town of Puerto de Alcudia.