Puerto de Andratx
Update 24/09/19. Puerto de Andratx, a coastal town with a natural harbor, west of Mallorca.
Puerto de Andratx is a coastal town located west of the island and belongs to the municipality of Andratx. It is 31.9 km from Palma and 5.6 km from Andratx. In its vicinity we find the towns of Andratx, Sant Elm, Es Camp de Mar, Es Capdella and S'Arracó. Its approximate population is of 3,200 inhabitants.
The environment where the town of Puerto de Andratx is located is of great beauty. It is a natural harbour sheltered from the waves, with small mountains and cliffs around it. The marina has 500 moorings approximately and is one of the best equipped on the island. It highlights the fishing activity of the town, daily it is possible to see the arrival of the boats to the port.
On its promenade we find elegant restaurants, bars and shops. A significant percentage of its residents are foreigners, so there is a very cosmopolitan atmosphere. The Port of Andratx has a large hotel infrastructure and is one of the most visited tourist spots on the island.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT.
• Seaside Promenade. Here you can see the building of the Lonja and the fishing activity of the town.
• Defence towers. Military constructions of the XVI century. Towers of Sant Carles and Sa Mola, located at high strategic points.
• Church of Nuestra Señora del Carmen. Religious building located on Isaac Peral street.
• Nearby beaches with crystal clear waters. Cala Llamp, Cala Moragues and Cala d'Egos
• Festivity del Carmen. Held in mid-July.
How to arrive:
Leaving from Palma, the Ma-1 road leads directly to the town of Andratx and then continues to its port.