Puerto de Pollensa
Puerto de Pollensa, a coastal town where the maritime promenade and the beauty of Pollensa Bay stand out.
Update 06/01/20. The town of Puerto de Pollensa is located north of the island in the Bay of Pollensa. The town of Puerto Pollensa is 60 km from the capital Palma and 10 km from Alcudia. In its vicinity we find the towns of Pollensa, Alcudia and Sa Pobla. The population of Puerto de Pollensa and Pollensa as a whole is around 16,000 inhabitants.
The Puerto de Pollensa is an important tourist center where its beautiful sandy beach, its marina and its promenade stand out. The weekly market is held every Wednesday on the Miquel Capllonch square. At this point of the town we find the church and a multitude of bars and restaurants. Its promenade is visited by many tourists during the summer months where we also find a large number of restaurants with large terraces where you can eat.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the north of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN PUERTO DE POLLENSA
• Seafront promenade.
• Marina. Modern facilities with more than 600 moorings.
• Plaza Miquel Capllonch. Main square of the town where the Virgen del Carmen church is also located.
• Sa Albufereta. Protected natural park, wet zone located between the municipalities of Alcudia and Pollensa
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN PUERTO DE POLLENSA
• Market. Held every Wednesday in the Miquel Capllonch plaza.
• Feast of the Mare de Déu del Carme. It is celebrated on July 16, boat trip through the bay of Pollensa, concerts and popular dances.
• Feast of Sant Pere. It is celebrated at the end of June, concerts, popular dances, seafaring fair, etc.
Other visits you can do near the Puerto de Pollensa:
Near the Puerto de Pollensa you can visit the popular market of the town of Alcudia that is held every Tuesday and Sunday or the Pollensa market that is held on Sundays. Other points of special interest are the beaches of Formentor, Cala Murta, Cala Figuera and Cala Boquer. Also noteworthy are the wonderful views that ones get from the Albercutx Watchtower and the beautiful landscape where the Formentor lighthouse is located.
"www.mallorca-touristguide.co.uk the guide of Mallorca that helps you organize your visits and easily move around the island."
How to arrive:
The Port of Pollensa is 60 km from Palma. From Palma, the Ma-13 highway will take you to Alcudia and then connect with the Ma-2220 road to the Puerto de Pollensa.