Puigpunyent, small mountain town located west of Mallorca in the Sierra de Tramuntana.
Puigpunyent is a town located west of Mallorca in the Sierra de Tramuntana. It is 16 km from Palma and 15 km from Calvià. In its vicinity we find the towns of Galilea, Es Capdella and Calvià. In the municipality of Puigpunyent there are three population centers; Puigpunyent, Galilea and Son Serralta and the approximate population of the entire municipality is 2,000 inhabitants.
Puigpunyent is a small town of great scenic beauty surrounded by valleys and mountains. In the locality there are several hotels and agrotourism as well as some bars and restaurants. The entire municipality of Puigpunyent is full of public roads that run through forests of pines, holm oaks, carob trees and olive trees.
In the surroundings of Puigpunyent you can make many excursions as for example; Puig de Galatzó or Puig de na Bauçana among others.
HIGHLIGHTS IN PUIGPUNYENT:
• Parròquia de l'Assumpció de Nostra Senyora.
• City center of Puigpunyent and its surroundings.
MAIN FESTIVALS AND MARKETS:
• Weekly market. Held on Saturday mornings.
• Ecological, Peasant and Artisan Fair. Held in mid-May
• Puigpunyent Music Festival. It is celebrated at the end of the summer season.
• Festivities of the Virgin of August. Different acts such as music and dance are celebrated.
How to arrive:
Puigpunyent is 16 km from Palma. From Palma, the Ma-1041 road will take you to the town.