Sant Joan, inland town located in the central part of Mallorca known for its agricultural activity.
Update 04/02/20. Sant Joan is a town located in the central part of Mallorca. It is 37 km from Palma and 7 km from Sineu. In its vicinity we find the towns of Sineu, Montuiri, Petra and Villafranca. The approximate population of the entire municipality is 2,000 inhabitants.
Sant Joan despite being a village in the flat area of Mallorca is surrounded by small hills which give it the appearance of a mountain village. The agricultural activity of the locality is very important, mainly the cultivation of wheat. The surrounding landscapes are made up of cereal fields and fruit trees.
Being a small town, most bars, restaurants and shops are concentrated in the center of the town near the town hall and the church.
Near Sant Joan we find the Puig de Bonany with a sanctuary dating from the seventeenth century.
HIGHLIGHTIS IN SANT JOAN:
• Parish Church of Sant JoanBautista. It dates from the 17th century and was rebuilt in the 20th century
• Crossings of the locality. Creu del Revull, Creu de ses Roques, Creu de Consolació.
• Windmills. There are a total of 9 mills in the municipality of San Juan, 6 of them are within the urban center.
• Catholic Center. Popularly known as Es Centro.
• Sanctuary of the Mare de Deu de Consolació. It dates from the eighteenth century although its buildings have been renovated several times.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS OF SANT JOAN:
• Weekly market. It is celebrated on Thursday mornings.
• Sant Antoni. It is celebrated with bonfires on the night of January 16.
• Carnivals. They are celebrated during the month of March.
• Craft Fair. Es Pa i Es Peix. It is celebrated at the end of March
• Easter. It is celebrated in April. Popular pilgrimage to the Puig de Bonany.
• És Sol que Balla. It is celebrated on June 24.
• Sant Joan Degollat. Festivities celebrated at the end of August.
• Festivity del Botifarró or sa Torrada. It is celebrated within the month of October.
How to arrive:
Sant Joan is 7 km from Sineu. From Sineu, the Ma-3232 road will take you to the town.