Santa Margalida, inland town located near the northeast coast of Mallorca.
Update 04/02/20. Santa Margalida is a town located in the hinterland of Mallorca and a short distance from the northeast coast of Mallorca. It is 50 km from Palma and 20 km from Alcudia. In its vicinity we find the towns of Muro, María de la Salut and Ariany. The municipality of Santa Margalida is formed by three urban centers, Santa Margalida, Can Picafort and Son Serra de Marina. The approximate population of the entire municipality is 12,000 inhabitants.
Santa Margalida is surrounded by fields, mainly cereals and fields with carob, almond and olive trees. Its economy is based on tourism and in the center of the town is where most bars and shops are concentrated, here is the main square where the weekly market is held.
We recommend the visit to the Finca Pública Son Real belonging to the municipality of Santa Margalida
HIGHLIGHTS IN SANTA MARGALIDA:
• Plaça de la Vila. Located in the center where the local market is held weekly.
• Parish of Santa Margalida. Beautiful building, from the back you get beautiful views of the surroundings of Santa Margalida.
MAIN FESTIVALS AND MARKETS OF SANTA MARGALIDA:
• Weekly market. It is celebrated on Tuesdays and Saturdays in the morning.
• Sant Antoni. It is celebrated in the middle of January
• Carnivals. They are celebrated during the month of March.
• Main festivities. They are celebrated in the middle of July.
• Fiestas de la Beata. They are held at the end of August and the beginning of September.
How to arrive:
From the coastal town of Can Picafort, the Ma-3410 road will take you directly to the town of Santa Margalida.