Santa Maria del Camí
Santa María del Camí, located in the center of Mallorca.
Update 05/02/20. The municipality of Santa María del Camí is located in the interior of the island 14 kilometers from the city of Palma, in its vicinity we find the towns of Consell, Marratxí and Santa Eugenia among others. This town currently has around 6,500 inhabitants.
The first cultural vestiges of this town date from the pre-Talayotic (between 3,000 and 1,400 BC), one of the finds of that time is the Cova des Moro, discovered in 1903.
PLACES TO VISIT IN THIS LOCALITY:
• The Plaza dels Hostals. It is the most modern and commercial area of Santa María, it is in the surroundings of the old road from Palma to Inca. Bars, restaurants, bakeries, decoration and many other businesses are in this area where many visitors and residents meet daily.
• The convent of the Minims and its cloister. Dating from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, this construction is located next to the Plaza dels Hostals.
• Sa Sínia. Old restored well located in the Plaza dels Hostals.
• The town square. A quiet place surrounded by ancient buildings of the seventeenth, eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, including the town hall. Within the town hall we highlight some pieces of great value such as a mill to make almond milk, an anonymous painting of large dimensions representing the conquest of Mallorca or the altarpiece of Joan Massana that is preserved in the plenary room.
• The church. It dates from the seventeenth century and is a clear example of the Mallorcan baroque, its construction lasted 60 years.
• Possessions of Son Torrella and of Son Pou. Land with its old houses declared historical monuments.
• Son Seguí. Land with buildings dating from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, has a small chapel and a well-preserved manor building.
• April - Fira and Firó (fair and small fair)
• May - Meeting of giants
• July - Popular games
• November - Wine and tapas fair
"www.mallorca-touristguide.co.uk the guide of Mallorca to organize your leisure time."
How to arrive:
From Palma the Ma-13 motorway that leads to Alcudia at the Santa María level has exit number 12 to access the town