Cala d'Or, a coastal town southeast of Mallorca.
Update 02/02/23. Cala d'Or is a coastal town located southeast of Mallorca. It belongs to the municipality of Santanyí. It is 62.2 km from Palma and 21.9 km from the city of Manacor. In its vicinity we find the towns of Santanyí, Felanitx, Portocolom and Portopetro. Its population is around 3,850 inhabitants.
Cala d'Or stands out for the beauty of its coast with a multitude of white sand coves and crystal clear waters. Most of its buildings are of Ibizan style, white houses with flat roofs. It has one of the most important and best equipped marinas in Mallorca. In the center of the town there is a wide range of shops, restaurants and bars. Its main commercial areas are in the avenue of Belgium and in the street of Andrés Roig, both areas are pedestrian.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN CALA D'OR:
• Port of Cala d'Or. Also called Marina de Cala d'Or, it is located in a natural opening on the coast. It is considered the most important port of the east of Mallorca. It has 563 moorings and all the nautical services.
• El Fortín. Military defense construction built in 1730. It is located in Cala Llonga on Avenida d'Es Fortí.
• The church. Ibiza style, located in the Plaza de Sa Figuera.
• Beaches. Cala d'Or is famous for its spectacular coves. Cala Ferrera, Cala Gran and Cala Llonga are some of the coves we find in the town.
• Natural Park of Mondragó. Located on the coast 2.0 km southwest of Cala d'Or with its spectacular beaches of S'Amarador and Cala Mondragó.
• Castillo de Santueri. Medieval castle located on top of a hill 17km from Cala d'Or next to the village of S'Horta in the municipality of Santanyí.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN CALA D'OR:
• Markets. There is no market but nearby you can visit the following markets: In Calonge every Thursday. In Santanyí every Wednesday and Saturday. In S'Alqueria Blanca every Tuesday.
• Festivity of Santa Maria del Mar : It is celebrated during the first fortnight of the month of August. Popular dinners, concerts, sports activities, maritime procession ...
How to arrive:
From Palma you must take the Ma-19 highway, later you will pass through the towns of Campos, Santany and Portopetro, from this last town Cala d'Or is only 1.5 km away.