Cala Figuera, tourist center located on the south coast of Mallorca in the municipality of Santanyí.
Update 10/02/23. Cala Figuera is an urban center belonging to the municipality of Santanyí. It is located next to the coast 57 km from Palma and 4.7 km from the town of Santanyí. In its vicinity we find the towns of Santanyí, Cala d'Or and Portopetro. Its population is around 800 inhabitants.
Cala Figuera is known as the port of Santanyi. It is an urban nucleus formerly formed by fishermen that over time has become a residential area. This urban nucleus is constituted by residential houses and some hotels. It has a small port where fishing activity is still present. In Cala Figuera the coast forms a deep entrance of about 500 meters with cliffs and pine forests.
Cala Figuera is very close to the Mondragó Natural Park with its beautiful beaches of S'Amarador and Cala Mondragó. In its vicinity we also find the beaches of Cala Santanyí and Cala Llombards.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN CALA FIGUERA:
• Defense tower. The tower can be accessed from the Estret des Temps road.
• Sea front promenade. Located next to the breakwater of the port.
• Marina of Cala Figuera. Natural marina where you can see numerous "llaúts", a small traditional fishing boat.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN CALA FIGUERA:
• Local market. Cala Figuera does not have a local market. The nearest market is held in the town of Santanyí every Wednesday and Saturday.
• Festivity of the Virgen del Carmen. Local festivities of the town where the procession of boats stands out. It is celebrated on July 16.
Cala Figuera is a small residential center belonging to the municipality of Santanyí. The main festivities of the municipality are celebrated in the town of Santanyí.
How to arrive:
Cala Figuera is 57 km from Palma and 4.7 km from Santanyí. From Santanyí, the Ma-6102 road leads directly to the town.