Update 24/09/19. S'Alqueria Blanca, urban center located near the south coast of Mallorca in the municipality of Santanyí.
S'Alqueria Blanca is an urban center belonging to the municipality of Santanyí. It is 56 km from Palma, 7.6 km from Santanyí and 5.5 km from the coast. In its vicinity we find the towns of Santanyí, Cala d'Or and Portopetro. Its population is around 1,150 inhabitants.
S'Alqueria Blanca formerly based its economy on agriculture. Currently tourism is its main activity although the town retains the character of yesteryear. In the center of the town where the church is located is the main square with some bars, restaurants and shops. Due to its proximity to the coast and to the holiday homes in its surroundings, the center of the town registers a lot of social life.
S'Alqueria Blanca is very close to the Mondragó Natural Park with its beautiful beaches of S'Amarador and Cala Mondragó.
WE HIGHLIGHT OF S'ALQUERIA BLANCA:
• The Plaza de Sant Josep. Located in the center of the town.
• The Church of Sant Josep. Building dating from the 19th century.
• The Consolación Sanctuary. It is located on a small hill 203 m high with magnificent views of the south coast of Mallorca.
MAIN FESTIVALS AND MARKETS
• Local market. Every Tuesday in the Plaza de Sant Josep.
• Festivity of Sant Antoni. It takes place on the eve of January 16 and January 17.
• Festivity of Sant Josep. Patron of the town, celebrated on March 19.
• Fira de la Pagesia. Local festivity with various activities, crafts, gastronomy, music ..., is celebrated at the end of June or at the beginning of July
• Festivity of Sant Roc. This is the festivity with the most acts, celebrated during the first half of August
How to arrive:
S'Alqueria Blanca is 56 km from Palma and 7.6 km from Santanyí. From Santanyí, the Ma-19 road leads directly to the town.