Sencelles, a town located in the center of Mallorca where the archaeological remains located in its surroundings stand out.
Update 12/02/23. Sencelles is a town located in the center of Mallorca. It is 26 km from Palma and 8 km from Inca. In its vicinity we find the towns of Inca, Binissalem and Sineu. In the municipality of Sencelles we also find the urban centers of Ruberts, Jornets, Cascanar, So Na Rossa and Biniali. The approximate population of the town is 2,900 inhabitants.
Sencelles is an interior town in the flat area of Mallorca. Agriculture has been the main economic engine of the town for centuries. Proof of this are the small urban centers that are located in its surroundings next to extensive cultivation areas.
In the municipality of Sencelles we find many points with archaeological remains and there is a well-marked route to visit them. The most important of these is the Talayotic Village of Son Fred.
HIGHLIGHTING IN SENCELLES:
• Church of San Pedro. Its construction dates from the 17th century to the 19th century
• Beata Francinaina Cirer. Monument located in front of the church.
• Water wells in Sencelles. In the municipality we find an important number of water wells.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN SENCELLES:
• Weekly market. Sencelles celebrates its weekly market on Wednesday and Saturday mornings in the center of the town.
• Santa Agueda festivities. They are celebrated at the beginning of February, where the bonfire in the town square stands out among other acts.
• Mare de Déu d'Agost festivities. They are celebrated during the first half of August.
How to arrive:
Sencelles is 26 km from Palma and 8 km from Inca. From Inca, the Ma-3120 road leads directly to the town.