Son Servera, a town near the east coast of Mallorca where its pedestrian center stands out.
Update 09/02/23. Son Servera is a town near the coast located east of the island. It is located 71.2 km from Palma and 20.1 km from Manacor. In its vicinity we find the towns of Artá, San Llorenç and Capdepera. The approximate population of the municipality is 11,500 inhabitants. The municipality of Son Servera has three urban centers on the coast; Cala Millor, Cal Bona and Costa de los Pinos.
Son Servera is a small town where you can breathe the serenity of yesteryear. The center of the town is where the town hall is located, the Sant Joan Baptista church and the New Church. The old town of Son Servera is pedestrian and here we can find some local businesses and coffee shops.
You can see here the list of the main towns in the east of Mallorca.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN SON SERVERA
• San Juan Bautista Church. Located in the Plaza de Sant Joan, the beginnings of its construction date back to the year 1622.
• New Church. Unfinished church where architectural elements typical of the Neo-Gothic stand out.
• Sculpture "Pastoret" Memory of the devastating epidemic that Son Servera suffered in 1820.
• "Es Rentadors". Public laundry built in 1905 so that the inhabitants of Son Servera could wash their clothes
• Ca Na Violina. Old building where the music school of the town was located.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN SON SERVERA
• Local market. It is celebrated every Friday.
• Sant Antòni Festivitie. In mid-January.
• San Ignacio de Antioquia. It is celebrated on February 1st.
• Carnival. Held in February - March.
• Holy Week. Held in April.
• Festivities of Sant Joan. Held on June 24.
Other visits you can do near Son Servera:
Near Son Servera you can visit the Artà market that is held every Tuesday. Other points of special interest are the nearby towns of Cala Ratjada, Porto Cristo and Cala Millor. Some of the closest beaches are the beaches of Cala Millor, Porto Cristo and Sa Coma. Also noteworthy is the beautiful landscape that we find in Punta de n'Amer, a coastal area located between the tourist resorts of Sa Coma and Cala Millor. Other recommended visits near Son Servera are the Canyamel Tower, Archaeological Site Poblado Ses Païsses, the Hams Caves and the Drach Caves.
Links related to Son Servera. See the links at the bottom of this page with important information of places of special interest near Son Servera and our recommendations.
How to arrive:
From Palma you must take the Ma-15 motorway that goes through Manacor towards San Llorenç where you must finally continue on the Ma-4030 to Son Servera.