Campos, a town near the south coast of Mallorca, where its famous Es Trenc Beach stands out.
Update 24/09/19. Campos is an inland town although not far from the coast located south of the island. It is located 40.9 km from Palma and 26.3 km from Manacor. In its vicinity we find the towns of Llucmajor, Felanitx, Santany and Porreres. Its approximate population is 10,000 inhabitants. The municipality of Campos has two main urban centers on the coast; Sa Ràpita and Ses Covetes.
Historically the town of Campos has been dedicated to agriculture and livestock, today Campos still retains that rural character. In Campos we can find all the services, banks, pharmacies, supermarkets ... and a large number of bars and restaurants mainly located on the street that crosses the town. Campos is located near the south coast of Mallorca where there are wonderful beaches of fine white sand like Es Trenc beach.
MAIN PLACES TO VISIT IN CAMPOS:
• Church of San Julián. Neoclassical style dating from the nineteenth century, is located in the center of the town.
• San Francisco Convent. Its facade is Baroque, dates from the seventeenth century.
• Balneario de San Juan de la Font Santa. The only Spa of thermal waters of all the Balearic Islands.
• Es Trenc-Salobrar Natural Park. Protected space of great scenic value.
• Es Trenc beach. Area of great natural and scenic value.
• Defense towers. In the Campos area we find several defense towers. Torre de Son Durí, Sos Julians and Torre del Marqués del Palmer.
• Archaeological sites. We highlight the funerary caves, the Talaiot of Son Baco and the Early Christian basilica Son Fadrinet.
MAIN FESTIVITIES AND MARKETS IN CAMPOS:
• Weekly markets. Every Thursday and Saturday.
• San Julia. Pattern of Campos, is celebrated on January 9.
• May Fair. Handicraft and livestock fair known as the cow fair, is held at the beginning of May.
• Festivities of Madre de Dios de Agosto. Held on August 15.
• October Fair. Artisanal and sobrasada fair, held during the second half of October.
"www.mallorca-touristguide.com the guide of Mallorca to organize your leisure time."
How to arrive:
Campos is 40.9 kilometers from Palma de Mallorca. From Palma or from the Airport, the Ma-19 motorway leads directly to the town.