Caves of Campanet
Autovía Palma - Sa Pobla - Puerto de Alcudia, salida 37, 07310, Campanet
Caves of Campanet, guided tour.
The Caves of Campanet are located in the mount of Sant Miquel of the Sierra de Tramuntana near the towns of Campanet and Sa Pobla in the north of Mallorca and about 15 minutes from the Bay of Alcudia.
The caves located in a spectacular environment transports us to more than 10 million years ago where we can observe the natural nuances of the crystallizations that decorate the cave.
• The visit is about 40 minutes long and goes through different galleries and chambers with suggestive names such as: romantic chamber, lake cahamber, enchanted castle, etc.
• They have an area of 3,200 m2 and a route close to 600 m.
• Guided tour of about 40 minutes.
• The cave was discovered by chance in 1945 when widening a small hole, through which a considerable current of air emerged.
• Endemic species have been found in the cave, such as Myotragus balearicus, endemic vertebrate of the Plio-Pleistocene extinct about 4,000 years ago, or the Chthonius (Chthonius) campaneti, a cave-dwelling pseudo-scorpion.
Enjoy the spectacular views from the terraces of the enclosure, overlooking the Sierra de Tramuntana, a World Heritage Site.
We offer the service for weddings, incentives and events, advertising spots ...
In the facilities of the Caves of Campanet we have Bar service with a varied menu such as pizzas, pambolis, paellas, etc.
See you in the Caves of Campanet!
• SUMMER. From April to October from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• WINTER. From November to March from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Information about Ses Coves Café & Grill Restaurant
Interview with María Eleonor management of the Caves of Campanet
When were the Campanet Caves open to the public? They were discovered in 1945 and two years later they were opened to the public, presenting today a perfect state of preservation.
What would you highlight from the Caves of Campanet? They have very characteristic formations of underground cavities of the Sierra de Tramuntana with extremely fine stalactites.
Any recommendations? Organize the visit with time to enjoy the caves as well as the surroundings with their spectacular views.
How to arrive:
Palma - Sa Pobla motorway - Puerto de Alcudia, exit 37. The Campanet caves are located in the mount of Sant Miquel of the Sierra de Tramuntana near the towns of Campanet and Sa Pobla in the north of Mallorca and about 15 minutes from the bay of Alcudia.