What to see and do in Alcudia.
What to see and do in Alcudia, places to visit, market, festivities ...
Alcudia is a must on your trip to Mallorca and if you have chosen to stay in this beautiful town you are in luck since there are numerous things to see and do in Alcudia. We guarantee you will like it.
The best days to organize the visit are Tuesdays and Saturdays since that is when Alcudia celebrates its local market. This day there are thousands of people who arrive from all places in Mallorca to walk through its historic center, see the various market stalls and enjoy all the attractions of this town.
Culture. What can I see and do in Alcudia? In addition to the cultural events that take place throughout the year at the Auditori d'Alcudia and in Can Torró you can see:
• The ruins of the Roman City of Pollentia.
• Visit the monographic museum of Pollentia.
• In Alcudia you can also take a tour of the old walls that surround the old town of Alcudia.
• See the church of Sant Jaume.
Festivities. What are the most outstanding festivities of Alcudia? In addition to the traditional Christmas festivity, Sant Antoni, Easter and carnivals we highlight:
• Virgen de la Victoria. It is celebrated on July 1 and 2 at the hermitage of Victoria.
• San Jaime. Alcudia pattern. It is celebrated on July 25.
• Annual Alcudia Fair. It is celebrated the first weekend of October.
Beaches. What beaches near Alcudia can I see? In Alcudia there are numerous beaches to visit, some of the closest to the city are:
• Sa Marina beach if you like kite surfing.
• The beaches of Sant Pere and Sant Joan if you are looking for sandy beaches.
• S'Illot beach if you are looking for a natural landscape.
Hiking. What interesting routes can I do in Alcudia? In Alcudia there are a large number of very nice routes to do, some of them are:
• The excursion to Sa Cova Tancada.
• You can also do the Alcudia Watchtower route.
• Visit the Puig de Sant Martí.
Accommodation. Within the same town of Alcudia you will find several boutique hotels to stay. In addition the Puerto de Alcudia is very close where the offer is very extensive and you can find from small hostels to luxurious hotels.
Restaurants. In Alcudia you will find numerous restaurants with a varied gastronomic offer. From traditional Mallorcan or Spanish cuisine to international cuisine.
Shopping. In the main streets of the town center you can see numerous fashion stores, Mallorcan artisan products, decoration, gifts, etc.
As you will see there is a lot to see and do in Alcudia, below we leave you a list of files with more information to make it easier for you to organize your visit. Enjoy your visit to Alcudia!